Terms of Service
When using an app that has access to your contacts and messages like Hit Em Up, you probably want to know:
1. We do not sell your personal data to third parties including contact data, messages, your phone number, or other personally identifiable information.
2. We do not contact your contacts or share their information with third parties.
So why do you access it?
- Hit Em Up backs up your groups and lists so that you can access them from all your personal devices.
- Hit Em Up lets you make groups using your contact data and personalize messages using their information like first name or last name. As you make updates to your contacts on your device, those changes will be reflected in the app.
Why do you need my Phone Number?
To secure your account and store any information regarding your account like subscriptions you bought with that number. If you have trouble with the app we can assist you with it.
Everything else can be read below, but we figured a nice summary of the things you care most about was worth pinning to the top. Let us know if you have any other important questions you want us to answer at the top here 🙂
Hit Em Up Terms of Service:
Last updated December 3 2021
Please read carefully as this document contains important information that governs your use of the Hit Em Up App’s and it’s proprietors, agents, and employees (Hit Em Up, Hit Em Up App, our, we, us) software.
By using Hit Em Up or related services you hereby agree to:
Confidentiality and Non-disclosure. You agree not to share or distribute any piece of the software to any person or entity without the written prior consent of Hit Em Up. Further, you agree not to share any images, content, or information that you derive from the software including, but not limited to screenshots, schematics, information pertaining to how the software works or is designed, or any other proprietary information (such as business plans or pricing models, artwork, code, textual work, animations, design elements, user interface and interaction design, and any other derivable information) that can be derived with your access to this software with anyone except Hit Em Up for diagnostic and customer support related purposes. Further, you may not incorporate any of the proprietary information that you may gain access to into your own works or the work of any company or entity you may work for. If you do not think you can comply with this for any reason, you must remove the software and any related software from your device now. You will be held liable for damages that arise from a breach of this confidentiality notice.
NO ACCESS TO EMERGENCY SERVICES. There are important differences between Hit Em Up’s telephone and texting services and your mobile and fixed-line telephone and SMS services. Our Services which use Hit Em Up provided phone numbers do not provide access to emergency services or emergency services providers, including the police, fire departments, or hospitals, or otherwise connect to public safety answering points. You should ensure you can contact your relevant emergency services providers through a mobile, fixed-line telephone, or other service.
Relationship Between You and Hit Em Up App. Hit Em Up is the producer of a suite of software applications and services. You are considered a consumer of such services and software. Hit Em Up or it’s employees and proprietors are not your agent(s). You are responsible for your actions while using the software and for following all legal and regulatory procedures that govern your ability to use our software in your region and country. You agree to hold Hit Em Up and third parties which Hit Em Up contracts with harmless in the event that you breach any laws or other terms of services or contracts which you may be bound by. You agree to hold Hit Em Up harmless and acknowledge that Hit Em Up, the Hit Em Up team of employees and proprietors or any agents of Hit Em Up (Hit Em Up and Co.) are not responsible for damages that arise from your use of our software or for the software not functioning as desired or as anticipated by you. Further, Hit Em Up and Co. is not responsible if some portion or all of the software which it provides to you stops behaving or functioning as it may have previously or as anticipated. You may stop using the software and request to cancel services going forward, but you are not entitled to a refund or damages for services already rendered to you.
About our services
Registration. You must register for our Services using accurate data, provide your current mobile phone number, and, if you change it, update this mobile phone number using our in-app change number feature. You agree to receive text messages and phone calls (from us or our third-party providers) with codes to register for our Services.
Address Book. You provide us the phone numbers of your contacts in your mobile phone address book on a regular basis. You confirm you are authorized to provide us such numbers to allow us to provide our Services. You acknowledge that you have the explicit consent to message and contact these phone numbers and individuals or entities.
Age. You must be at least 13 years old to use our Services (or such greater age required in your country for you to be authorized to use our Services without parental approval). In addition to being of the minimum required age to use our Services under applicable law, if you are not old enough to have authority to agree to our Terms in your country, your parent or guardian must agree to our Terms on your behalf.
Devices and Software. You must provide certain devices, software, and data connections to use our Services, which we otherwise do not supply. For as long as you use our Services, you consent to downloading and installing updates to our Services, including automatically.
Fees and Taxes. You are responsible for all carrier data plan and other fees and taxes associated with your use of our Services. We may charge you for our Services, including applicable taxes. We may refuse or cancel orders. We do not provide refunds for our Services, except as required by law.
In-App Purchases and Subscriptions. Your subscription will be charged to your iTunes account if you purchased via our iOS app or GooglePlay if purchased via Android at confirmation of purchase and will automatically renew (at the duration selected) unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Any current subscription may not be cancelled during the active subscription period; however, you can manage your subscription and/or turn off auto-renewal by visiting your iTunes Account Settings after purchase on iOS or the Google Play Store on Android (under Menu > Account > Subscriptions).
Acceptable use of our services
Our Terms and Policies. You must use our Services according to our Terms and posted policies. If we disable your account for a violation of our Terms, you will not create another account without our permission.
Harm to Hit Em Up or Our Users. You must not (or assist others to) access, use, copy, adapt, modify, prepare derivative works based upon, distribute, license, sublicense, transfer, display, perform, or otherwise exploit our Services in impermissible or unauthorized manners, or in ways that burden, impair, or harm us, our Services, systems, our users, or others, including that you must not directly or through automated means: (a) reverse engineer, alter, modify, create derivative works from, decompile, or extract code from our Services; (b) send, store, or transmit viruses or other harmful computer code through or onto our Services; (c) gain or attempt to gain unauthorized access to our Services or systems; (d) interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of our Services; (e) create accounts for our Services through unauthorized or automated means; (f) collect the information of or about our users in any impermissible or unauthorized manner; (g) sell, resell, rent, or charge for our Services; or (h) distribute or make our Services available over a network where they could be used by multiple devices at the same time.
Keeping Your Account Secure. You are responsible for keeping your device and your Hit Em Up account safe and secure, and you must notify us promptly of any unauthorized use or security breach of your account or our Services.
Your Rights. Hit Em Up does not claim ownership of the information that you submit for your Hit Em Up account or through our Services. You must have the necessary rights to such information that you submit for your Hit Em Up account or through our Services and the right to grant the rights and licenses in our Terms.
Hit Em Up’s Rights. We own all copyrights, trademarks, domains, logos, trade dress, trade secrets, patents, and other intellectual property rights associated with our Services. You may not use our copyrights, trademarks, domains, logos, trade dress, patents, and other intellectual property rights unless you have our express permission in writing. Feel free to contact us regarding co-advertising and internal marketing promotions you’d like to run!
Your License to Hit Em Up. In order to operate and provide our Services, you grant Hit Em Up a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicensable, and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works of, display, and perform the information (including the content) that you upload, submit, store, send, or receive on or through our Services. The rights you grant in this license are for the limited purpose of operating and providing our Services (such as to give you access to your contacts, messages, groups, and other content you create and share through our services across multiple platforms and devices and to provide you customer support regarding any of your content or our services) Further, we may collect your user generated content anonymously or semi-anonymously (for instance, we may internally see the names of the groups you create, the tags you make, and your general messaging patterns but not associated with you as an individual) to perform analytics and better understand how you are using our services so that we can further develop the services with your general use-cases in mind. We do our best to limit the amount personally identifiable information we collect and use as to protect your privacy and that of your recipients and collect the bare minimum to make our service super awesome for you, but we believe your experience using our services is extremely important and we want to make sure we’re doing everything we can to make the experience you have with us as seamless and beautiful as possible which means that we may need some insights into where our design doesn’t meet your intentions and thus may require us to collect information to gain insights from your experience and your use of our app to make improvements for you.
Hit Em Up’s License to You. We grant you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, and non-transferable license to use our Services, subject to and in accordance with our Terms. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling you to use our Services, in the manner permitted by our Terms. No licenses or rights are granted to you by implication or otherwise, except for the licenses and rights expressly granted to you.
Reporting third-party copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property infringement
To report claims of third-party copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property infringement, please email us through our contact form on our website. We may terminate your Hit Em Up account if you repeatedly infringe the intellectual property rights of others.
YOU USE OUR SERVICES AT YOUR OWN RISK AND SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING DISCLAIMERS. WE ARE PROVIDING OUR SERVICES ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS OR OTHER HARMFUL CODE. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED BY US IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE, OR USEFUL, THAT OUR SERVICES WILL BE OPERATIONAL, ERROR FREE, SECURE, OR SAFE, OR THAT OUR SERVICES WILL FUNCTION WITHOUT DISRUPTIONS, DELAYS, OR IMPERFECTIONS. WE DO NOT CONTROL, AND ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR, CONTROLLING HOW OR WHEN OUR USERS USE OUR SERVICES OR THE FEATURES, SERVICES, AND INTERFACES OUR SERVICES PROVIDE. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR AND ARE NOT OBLIGATED TO CONTROL THE ACTIONS OR INFORMATION (INCLUDING CONTENT) OF OUR USERS OR OTHER THIRD PARTIES. YOU RELEASE US, OUR SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AND OUR AND THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, PARTNERS, AND AGENTS (TOGETHER, THE “Hit Em Up PARTIES”) FROM ANY CLAIM, COMPLAINT, CAUSE OF ACTION, CONTROVERSY, OR DISPUTE (TOGETHER, “CLAIM”) AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, RELATING TO, ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY SUCH CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY THIRD PARTIES. YOU WAIVE ANY RIGHTS YOU MAY HAVE UNDER CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE §1542, OR ANY OTHER SIMILAR APPLICABLE STATUTE OR LAW OF ANY OTHER JURISDICTION, WHICH SAYS THAT: A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.
Limitation of liability
THE HIT EM UP PARTIES WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES RELATING TO, ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY IN CONNECTION WITH OUR TERMS, US, OR OUR SERVICES, EVEN IF THE Hit Em Up PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY RELATING TO, ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY IN CONNECTION WITH OUR TERMS, US, OR OUR SERVICES WILL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100) OR THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID US IN THE PAST TWELVE MONTHS. THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMER OF CERTAIN DAMAGES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY WILL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. THE LAWS OF SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES, SO SOME OR ALL OF THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS SET FORTH ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY IN OUR TERMS, IN SUCH CASES, THE LIABILITY OF THE HIT EM UP PARTIES WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Hit Em Up Parties from and against all liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) relating to, arising out of, or in any way in connection with any of the following: (a) your access to or use of our Services, including information provided in connection therewith; (b) your breach or alleged breach of our Terms; or (c) any misrepresentation made by you. You will cooperate as fully as required by us in the defense or settlement of any Claim.
IF YOU ARE A HIT EM UP USER LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES OR CANADA, OUR TERMS CONTAIN A BINDING ARBITRATION PROVISION, WHICH STATES THAT, EXCEPT IF YOU OPT OUT AND EXCEPT FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DISPUTES, HIT EM UP APP AND YOU AGREE TO RESOLVE ALL DISPUTES THROUGH BINDING INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION, WHICH MEANS THAT YOU WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO HAVE THOSE DISPUTES DECIDED BY A JUDGE OR JURY, AND THAT YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN CLASS ACTIONS, CLASS ARBITRATIONS, OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTIONS. PLEASE READ THE “SPECIAL ARBITRATION PROVISION FOR UNITED STATES OR CANADA USERS” SECTION BELOW TO LEARN MORE.
Forum and Venue. If you are a Hit Em Up user located in the United States or Canada, the “Special Arbitration Provision for United States or Canada Users” section below applies to you. Please also read that section carefully and completely. If you are not subject to the “Special Arbitration Provision for United States or Canada Users” section below, you agree that you will resolve any Claim you have with us relating to, arising out of, or in any way in connection with our Terms, us, or our Services (each, a “Dispute,” and together, “Disputes”) exclusively in the United States District Court for the Southern District of California or a state court located in Los Angeles County in California, and you agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating all such Disputes.
Governing Law. The laws of the State of California govern our Terms, as well as any Disputes, whether in court or arbitration, which might arise between Hit Em Up and you, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
Availability and termination of our services
Availability of Our Services. Our Services may be interrupted, including for maintenance, repairs, upgrades, or network or equipment failures. We may discontinue some or all of our Services, including certain features and the support for certain devices and platforms, at any time. Events beyond our control may affect our Services, such as events in nature and other force majeure events.
Termination. We may modify, suspend, or terminate your access to or use of our Services anytime for any reason, such as if you violate the letter or spirit of our Terms or create harm, risk, or possible legal exposure for us, our users, or others. The following provisions will survive any termination of your relationship with Hit Em Up: “Licenses,” “Disclaimers,” “Limitation of Liability,” “Indemnification,” “Dispute Resolution,” “Availability and Termination of our Services,” “Other,” and “Special Arbitration Provision for United States or Canada Users.”
- Unless a mutually executed agreement between you and us states otherwise, our Terms make up the entire agreement between you and us regarding Hit Em Up and our Services, and supersede any prior agreements.
- We may ask you to agree to additional terms for certain of our Services in the future, which will govern to the extent there is a conflict between our Terms and such additional terms.
- Our Services are not intended for distribution to or use in any country where such distribution or use would violate local law or would subject us to any regulations in another country. We reserve the right to limit our Services in any country.
- You will comply with all applicable U.S. and non-U.S. export control and trade sanctions laws (“Export Laws”). You will not, directly or indirectly, export, re-export, provide, or otherwise transfer our Services: (a) to any individual, entity, or country prohibited by Export Laws; (b) to anyone on U.S. or non-U.S. government restricted parties lists; or (c) for any purpose prohibited by Export Laws, including nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons, or missile technology applications without the required government authorizations. You will not use or download our Services if you are located in a restricted country, if you are currently listed on any U.S. or non-U.S. restricted parties list, or for any purpose prohibited by Export Laws, and you will not disguise your location through IP proxying or other methods.
- You will use our services in compliance with any laws or regulations in your country or local jurisdiction including any FCC regulations in the United States if you use our services in the United States or to interact with people or devices in the United States via our services.
- You will not use our services to send spam via any medium including text message or phone call. Spam is considered to be any unwanted text messages or phone calls or any form of contact we may offer now or in the future as declared in writing or by phone call by the recipients of your contact through the use of our services. You must have the prior written consent of the people you contact using our services and must allow them to opt out from receiving messages or contact from you. We may decide to provide an automated means of doing this now or in the future, but it is your responsibility to maintain and ensure you do not contact people who do not wish to be contacted by you. We reserve the right to suspend or revoke your account if we are notified by end users or law enforcement that you are abusing our services by harassing, soliciting, or spamming through the services we provide both at our own discretion and the discretion of those that may report you to us.
- Our Terms are written in English (U.S.). Any translated version is provided solely for your convenience. To the extent any translated version of our Terms conflicts with the English version, the English version controls.
- Any amendment to or waiver of our Terms requires our express consent.
- We may amend or update these Terms. We will provide you notice of amendments to our Terms, as appropriate, and update the “Last Modified” date at the top of our Terms. Your continued use of our Services confirms your acceptance of our Terms, as amended. If you do not agree to our Terms, as amended, you must stop using our Services. Please review our Terms from time to time.
- All of our rights and obligations under our Terms are freely assignable by us to any of our affiliates or in connection with a merger, acquisition, restructuring, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise, and we may transfer your information to any of our affiliates, successor entities, or new owner.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under our Terms to anyone else without our prior written consent.
- Nothing in our Terms will prevent us from complying with the law.
- Except as contemplated herein, our Terms do not give any third-party beneficiary rights.
- If we fail to enforce any of our Terms, it will not be considered a waiver.
- If any provision of these Terms is deemed unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from our Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions, except as set forth in the “Special Arbitration Provision for United States or Canada Users” — “Severability” section below.
- We reserve all rights not expressly granted by us to you. In certain jurisdictions, you may have legal rights as a consumer, and our Terms are not intended to limit such consumer legal rights that may not be waived by contract.
- We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about Hit Em Up and our Services, but you understand that we may use your feedback or suggestions without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
Special arbitration provision for United States or Canada users
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY BECAUSE IT CONTAINS ADDITIONAL PROVISIONS APPLICABLE ONLY TO OUR UNITED STATES AND CANADA USERS. IF YOU ARE A HIT EM UP USER LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES OR CANADA, IT REQUIRES YOU TO SUBMIT TO BINDING INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION OF ALL DISPUTES, EXCEPT FOR THOSE THAT INVOLVE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY DISPUTES AND EXCEPT THOSE THAT CAN BE BROUGHT IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT. THIS MEANS YOU ARE WAIVING YOUR RIGHT TO HAVE SUCH DISPUTES RESOLVED IN COURT BY A JUDGE OR JURY. THIS SECTION ALSO LIMITS THE TIME YOU HAVE TO START AN ARBITRATION OR, IF PERMISSIBLE, A COURT ACTION. FINALLY, THIS SECTION WAIVES YOUR RIGHT TO HAVE YOUR DISPUTE HEARD AND RESOLVED AS A CLASS ACTION, CLASS ARBITRATION, OR A REPRESENTATIVE ACTION.
“Excluded Dispute” means any Dispute relating to the enforcement or infringement of your or our intellectual property rights (such as copyrights, trademarks, domains, logos, trade dress, trade secrets, and patents). For clarity and notwithstanding the foregoing, those Disputes relating to, arising out of, or in any way in connection with your rights of privacy and publicity are not Excluded Disputes.
Federal Arbitration Act. The United States Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this “Special Arbitration Provision for United States or Canada Users” section, including any question whether a Dispute between Hit Em Up and you is subject to arbitration.
Agreement to Arbitrate for Hit Em Up Users Located in the United States or Canada. For Hit Em Up users located in the United States or Canada, Hit Em Up and you each agree to waive the right to a trial by judge or jury for all Disputes, except for the Excluded Disputes. Hit Em Up and you agree that all Disputes (except for the Excluded Disputes), including those relating to, arising out of, or in any way in connection with your rights of privacy and publicity, will be resolved through final and binding arbitration. Hit Em Up and you agree not to combine a Dispute that is subject to arbitration under our Terms with a Dispute that is not eligible for arbitration under our Terms.
The arbitration will be administered by the American Arbitration Association (AAA) under its Commercial Arbitration Rules in effect at the time the arbitration is started, including the Optional Rules for Emergency Measures of Protection and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes (together, the “AAA Rules”). The arbitration will be presided over by a single arbitrator selected in accordance with the AAA Rules. The AAA Rules, information regarding initiating a Dispute, and a description of the arbitration process are available at www.adr.org. The arbitrator will decide whether a Dispute can be arbitrated. The location of the arbitration and the allocation of fees and costs for such arbitration shall be determined in accordance with the AAA Rules. Notwithstanding the AAA Rules, we will reimburse you for all the AAA administrative fees in Disputes that are subject to the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes, unless the arbitrator determines that a Dispute was filed for purposes of harassment or is patently frivolous.
Opt-Out Procedure. You may opt out of this agreement to arbitrate. If you do so, neither we nor you can require the other to participate in an arbitration proceeding. To opt out, you must notify us in writing postmarked within 30 days of the later of: (i) the date that you first accepted our Terms; and (ii) the date you became subject to this arbitration provision. You must use this address to opt-out:
Hit Em Up App
Attn: Legal Dept - Arbitration Opt-Out
4320 Alhama Dr.
Woodland Hills, California 91364
United States of America
You must include: (1) your name and residence address; (2) the mobile phone number associated with your account; and (3) a clear statement that you want to opt out of our Terms’ agreement to arbitrate.
Small Claims Court. As an alternative to arbitration, if permitted by your local “small claims” court’s rules, you may bring your Dispute in your local “small claims” court, as long as the matter advances on an individual (non-class) basis.
Time Limit to Start Arbitration. We and you agree that for any Dispute (except for the Excluded Disputes) we and you must commence an arbitration proceeding within one year after the Dispute first arose; otherwise, such Dispute is permanently barred. This means that if we or you do not commence an arbitration within one year after the Dispute first arose, then the arbitration will be dismissed because it was started too late.
No Class Actions, Class Arbitrations, or Representative Actions for Users Located in the United States or Canada. We and you each agree that if you are a Hit Em Up user located in the United States or Canada, each of we and you may bring Disputes against the other only on its or your own behalf, and not on behalf of any other person or entity, or any class of people. We and you each agree not to participate in a class action, a class-wide arbitration, Disputes brought in a private attorney general or representative capacity, or consolidated Disputes involving any other person or entity in connection with any Dispute.
Severability. If the prohibition against class actions and other Disputes brought on behalf of third parties is found to be unenforceable for a Dispute, then all of the provisions above under the caption “Special Arbitration Provision for United States or Canada Users” will be null and void as to that Dispute.
Place to File Permitted Court Actions. If you opt out of the agreement to arbitrate, if your Dispute is an Excluded Dispute, or if the arbitration agreement is found to be unenforceable, you agree to be subject to the “Forum and Venue” provisions in the “Dispute Resolution” section set forth above.
Accessing Hit Em Up's terms in different languages
To access our Terms in certain other languages, change the language setting for your Hit Em Up session. If our Terms are not available in the language you select, we will default to the English version.
A cookie is a small text file that a website you visit asks your browser to store on your computer or mobile device.
- to provide Hit Em Up for web and desktop and other Services that are web-based, improve your experiences, understand how our Services are being used, and customize our Services;
- to understand which of our FAQs are most popular and to show you relevant content related to our Services;
- to remember your choices, such as your language preferences, and otherwise to customize our Services for you; and
- to rank the FAQs on our website based on popularity, understand mobile versus desktop users of our web-based Services, or understand popularity and effectiveness of certain of our web pages.
How to control cookies
You can follow the instructions provided by your browser or device (usually located under "Settings" or "Preferences") to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you set your browser or device to disable cookies, certain of our Services may not function properly.
We protect our site using ReCaptcha to prevent bots and spammers. By submitting data such as a support ticket or message, you are agreeing to their terms. To learn more about ReCaptcha you can click here.